Whether you dropped your phone into the swimming pool or it took a plunge into the toilet, there is nothing worse than seeing your phone drop into water. After all, water and electronics really do not go well together.
However, depending on your phone, you may be able to save it without any kind of problem. It really just depends on what sort of phone you have and how quickly you act.
Tips To Fix A Wet Cell Phone
1. First, if you have any model if iPhone, you’re pretty much in trouble. This is because you are not able to remove the battery from the phone. While there are some Android and Windows based phones where the case on the device is solid, Apple sells more phones than any other manufacturer.
The company designs the phones for appearance, not to be dropped into the sink. With the iPhone, you can follow some of these other steps, but it really is just crossing your fingers and hoping it works. The other phones with a removable back should not have any problem.
2. If you do have a phone you can remove the back, do so as soon as you pull it out of the water, then pop out the battery. Do not push any buttons or anything while the battery is still in.
Once you have popped out the battery, slide out the SIM card and any sort of microSD card you have inside of your phone. Now, leave the phone open like this. The trick is removing as much of the water as quickly as possible.
3. From here, pull out the hair dryer and run it over the phone until the exterior is dry. Chances are there is some water inside of the phone that you are just not able to see, but by using the hair dryer on it for at least several minutes, you can dry out as much as possible.
4. Now, completely cover your phone with rice. You can pour rice into a large food container or into a bag. You can even just push your phone into the bag if rice if you want (there is really nothing wrong with the rice after you use it, so you might as well still eat it).
The purpose of the rice is it absorbs the water and can help draw out all of the moisture. From here, leave the phone in the rice for two days. Basically, leave it in as long as possible with the two day minimum. If you drop it into water on a Friday, do not test it out on Monday.
5. Realize that you can only really test out the phone once. If you try it too soon, it can completely renter the phone worthless. If there is water on the circuit board and the circuit board receives power, the entire thing is show.
Again, you can follow all of these steps with an iPhone, but the problem is, as soon as you receive a call, text, Facebook post, Tweet or any notification, your phone is going to activate, and you might be in trouble.