iPhone: Cosmicast is a universal new podcast player that brings back the skeuomorph. It has a sleek and modern design with easily navigable features. Other features include live-updating, notification center integration, and in-app subscriptions to your favorite podcasts. You can also share episodes on social media for others to enjoy!
What is Cosmicast and how does it work?
Cosmicast is a universal podcast player that first brings back the skeuomorph by making it easier to access your podcasts. Also, you can quickly share episodes with friends on social media like Instagram and Twitter without leaving the app itself! It features easily navigable pages (including automatic sorting of older episodes) and notification center integration for even faster access. Finally, you can easily subscribe to your favorite podcasts in one tap!
Simply typing a name or podcast URL will bring up Cosmicast so you can immediately start listening. All episodes are automatically downloaded when connected to wifi and are displayed in reverse chronological order. If you’re not sure what to listen to, Cosmicast has five recommended podcasts for each user to get you started.
You can share any episode on social media with a simple tap. Chose from Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or iMessage and Cosmicast will do the rest! You can also post to multiple accounts at once with your own personalized message! Finally.
Cosmicast supports global settings so that when you connect to a new wifi network, it will automatically start downloading the latest episodes for your favorite podcasts.
Why do we need more money?
We want to make Cosmicast even better and we want you to be a part of the app! A small amount of money from each purchase (about 20%) will go towards new features like:
• Better offline support (ability to sync podcasts over wifi)
• Better playback controls (rewind/fast-forward, etc.)
• Personalized recommendations based on your listening history and taste preferences
• Ability to choose how frequently new episodes are downloaded
• And more! Feel free to comment on what you’d like Cosmicast to do first. We’re always open to new suggestions.
## Why should you use Cosmicast?
If you’re tired of the same old startup podcast apps, then Cosmicast is for you! Here are some reasons why:
• It’s completely free
• It seamlessly integrates with your favorite social media apps. No more switching back and forth when sharing episodes!
• Share individual episodes or entire playlists on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and iMessage
• The design is sleek, modern, and easy to navigate so you can find your favorite episodes quickly and enjoy them.
• Clean layouts that make it easy to listen without any distractions.
How to download the app:
To download Cosmicast, go to the app store and search for “Cosmicast”. It’s free and there are no in-app purchases.
All feedback is greatly appreciated! That includes suggestions and comments. You can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @Cosmicast16
We hope you enjoy Cosmicast!
App Store Screenshots:
Here are screenshots of Cosmicast in the App Store:
1. Cosmicast main page with podcasts and categories
2. Recommended podcasts for new users (top) and categories (bottom)
3. Searching through podcasts
4. Sharing episodes on Instagram
5. Global settings menu to manage preferences, download settings, and podcast settings
6. Notification Center with a notification that new episodes are available
7. Podcast pages with scrollable pages and automatic sorting of newest episodes
8. Playback controls for quick access to episode information and more!
9. Listening options such as sharing, bookmarking, and more!
10. Cosmicast Store to find new podcasts (not implemented yet)
11. Profile page with your favorite podcasts and downloaded episodes for quick access
12. Edit profile information like your name, bio, and email address
13. Cosmicast Store categories (not implemented yet)
14. Searching through podcast categories (will be available after implementing the Cosmicast Store)
15. Cosmicast Connect (not implemented yet)
16. Free welcome gift! (not implemented yet)
17. Profile page for logged in users with playlists, recent listening history, and quick access to settings like notifications/download settings/social media apps
18. Playlist page to see your saved episodes. From here you can listen, share on social media, and delete episodes
19. Add an episode to a playlist from anywhere in the app with just a tap!
20. Automatic downloading of new episodes when on wifi
21. In-app notifications for new users to complete their profile information
22. In-app notifications for logged in users to complete their profile information
23. Searching through podcasts and categories (not implemented yet)
The future of podcasting with Cosmicast
Cosmicast is on its way to becoming the best podcast app for iOS users. Here are some upcoming features:
• The Cosmicast Store, where users can purchase new podcasts and subscribe with just one tap! Users will be able to preview episodes before buying them.
• Personalized recommendations based on listening history and taste preferences. Users will be able to toggle between multiple genres, such as news/politics/comedy/sports.
• A web player for viewing episodes on the go with a computer or laptop.
• Support for Android devices!
• And much more…
As always, feel free to comment on what you’d like Cosmicast to do. We are committed to making Cosmicast the best podcast app ever made.
Pros and cons of using the app :
– Streams and downloads episodes quickly and reliably with limited errors.
– A clean, easy-to-navigate interface that is fit for iOS 9.
– Easily discover the newest and most popular podcasts by seeing what your friends are listening to (Cosmicast Connect not implemented yet) .
– Share individual episodes and playlists with friends via social media apps.
– Automatic downloading of episodes when on wifi will prevent episodes from being forgotten about as you go throughout your day.
– In-app notifications for new users to complete their profile information and in-app notifications for logged-in users to complete their profile information.
– Simple, easy to use swipe gestures for extra functionality.
– The ability to delete downloaded episodes, rather than having to manually delete all of them by hand.
– No web player (Cosmicast has one on the way).
– Currently no search function (will be implemented after Cosmicast Store is released).
Final thoughts on this new technology in podcasting:
Cosmicast is truly a revolutionary podcast app. It’s not only extremely easy to use, but it also has unique features like Cosmicast Connect and automatic downloading of episodes on wifi that will make your experience with podcasts even better than ever before.
So what are you waiting for? Download Cosmicast today and start listening to all of your favorite podcasts by following your friends and favorite personalities, or discovering new ones!
Have you ever listened to a podcast?
Do you think Cosmicast is the next step in making podcasts easier to use?
How do you listen to podcasts on iOS devices currently? How could Cosmicast make this experience better for you? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
We’d love to hear from you.
I still remember listening to podcasts on my first iPhone — the iPhone 3G — and being amused by the realistic-looking tape deck user interface that showed up while a podcast was playing. Shortly after.
Apple started moving to what people used to call “flat UI.” For some, it meant iOS was losing some of its charms, while for others it was considered a welcome evolution.
If you’re one of those people who miss the old skeuomorphic design of iOS and its apps, or if you’re just someone who appreciates design and cares about the way an app looks and feels, today’s release of Cosmicast may be perfect for you.
The app has semi-skeuomorphic aesthetics, which definitely set it apart from other podcast apps. While a podcast is playing, a turntable shows up with a spinning vinyl record, including the artwork of the podcast you’re currently listening to.
Standard features you expect from a podcast app are all there: podcasts can be searched using the built-in directory and added to your library, there is also a section that lists popular podcasts and the option to browse by category. Navigating between the list view and the player can be done with gestures, by swiping up or down.
Cosmicast is a universal app, available for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch, which means a single purchase gets you the app on all platforms. The regular price will be $9.99, but at the time of writing, it’s available for a special introductory price of $5.99.