How to Change Your Username On Pinterest
As with many social media sites, your Pinterest username may be in need of an update at some point over your years of use. If you created your account at a very young age, you may want to update the username when you get older to something more professional or adult sounding.
1. Although a username can be up to fifteen letters long, you may want to downsize yours making it easier to remember. If you have built a brand for yourself, you may want to change your username to reflect the same brand as your other social media sites. Whatever the reason, changing your Pinterest username is a simple process that takes only seconds if you follow these steps.
2. To begin, you will need to enter your current username and password on the Pinterest home page. This will take you to your personal account where you should see a small image of yourself next to your name in the top right corner of the screen.
Click on your name and you will be redirected to the page with your personal boards. Look for the red ‘Edit Profile’ button in the top right corner of the screen. Left-click one time on this button and a box will pop up. Scroll to the bottom of the box to find the words, ‘Account Settings’, highlighted in red.
Left-click one time on these words and the ‘Account Settings’ page will come up. Scroll about halfway down the page until you see the box with your current username.
3. Now that you have found the right place to change your username, take a moment to be clear on what your new username will be. The new username must be between 3-15 characters but cannot include any punctuations, numbers, or special characters. All of your current pins and boards will still be saved in your account, only the name attached to it will change.
4. Once you have a new username selected that follows the guidelines, delete your old username from the box on the ‘Account Settings’ page. Type in your new username, checking for any spelling errors when finished. In the bottom, right corner of the screen you will find a red ‘Save Settings’ button. Left-click one time on this button to save your new username.
5. There is one other way to change your username on Pinterest with fewer steps. Log in to your Pinterest account then click on your name in the upper right-hand corner. In the upper right corner of this new page, you will see a red ‘Edit Profile’ button.
Next to this button, you will see an icon that looks like a gear with a drop-down arrow next to it. Click on the arrow and select ‘Account Settings’ from the drop-down menu. This will take you directly to your ‘Account Settings’ page where you can delete your old username and input the new one.
Changing your Pinterest account username is a simple process that won’t change your pins or boards.